- Why Shop With Us
Bison 30 | 13.6 Tonnes (30,000lb) Hydraulic Recovery Winch by Comeup
When the going gets tough, the Bison 30 Hydraulic Recovery Winch rises to the challenge, delivering power, precision, and reliability that you can depend on.
Comeup's latest Bison Series 30, showcases a Hydraulic Recovery Winch that's been designed to handle line pull capacities of up to 13,600 kg (or aprox 30,000lb). This powerhouse is the ideal choice for heavy-duty trailers, tilt tray trucks, and demanding commercial recovery tasks.
With a highly efficient motor energised by a PTO-driven pump offering variable recovery speeds, they ensure an exceptional working rate. The Bison Series stands as a formidable force in the world of winches, ready to take on any challenge.
Performance Beyond Measure
PTO Driven Pump: Powered by a robust Power Take Off unit, this winch delivers variable recovery speeds, ensuring an exceptional working rate that adapts to your needs.
Highly Efficient Motor: Equipped with a 155.7 cm3/rev motor that boasts constant operating torque and an impressive capacity of 13,600 kg (30,000 lb), it stands ready to tackle your most challenging recoveries with ease.
Swift and Precise: Featuring a hardened 2-stage planetary gear train with a 41:1 gear ratio, the Bison 30 ensures lightning-fast line speeds, getting you where you need to be in record time.
Built-in Air Clutch: Count on a built-in air clutch for rapid wire rope payout, providing you with a seamless and efficient recovery experience.
Safety First: Our patented Multi-Disc Brake (MDB) guarantees the secure holding of a full load, adding an extra layer of safety to your operations.
Commercial Strength: Designed for severe-duty trailers, roll-back carriers, and a wide range of demanding commercial recovery applications, the Bison 30 is your go-to solution for heavy-duty tasks.
Complete Package: Your purchase includes essential accessories like a roller fairlead, cable tensioner, and a two-way counterbalance valve, ensuring you have everything you need to get started.
Meeting Stringent Standards
- Quality Assurance: Rest easy knowing that the Bison 30 meets the highest industry standards, including SAE J706 revised AUG2003 and CE Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. It's a product you can trust to perform flawlessly when it matters most.
- Part Number: PN 683030 (Std. drum)
- Rated Line Pull: 13,600 kg / 30,000 lb (SAE J706 rating)
- Line Speed (at 1st layer of rope): 5 mpm at 60 l/min (16 fpm at 15.9 g/min)
- Operation Pressure: 175 bar / 2,540 psi
- Max Oil Flow: 60 l/min (15.9 g/min)
- Hydraulic Motor: 155.7 cm3/rev (9.5 in3/rev)
- Gear Ratio: 2-stage planetary gear 41:1
- Winch Construction: Cast housings with steel drum
- Clutch (Freespooling): Output shaft disengaged
- Brake: Multi-Disc Brake (MDB) patented and counterbalance valve supplied
- Rotation of Winch: Wire rope shall be under-wound orientation only
- Drum Barrel Diameter: 152.5 mm (6")
- Drum Flange Diameter: 343 mm (13.5”)
- Distance Between Flanges: 203 mm (8") - Std. drum
- Mounting Bolt Pattern: 190.5 x 304.8 mm (7.5” x 12”) ; 266.7 x 304.8 mm (10.5” x 12”) - Std. drum
- Winch Weight: 175 kg / 386 lb - Std. drum
- Gross Weight: 198 kg / 437 lb - Std. drum
- Box Dimension: 900 x 510 x 530 mm (35.4” x 20.1” x 20.9”) - Std. drum
Wire rope recommended
- 16 mm x 43 m ( 5/8” x 141’) - Std. drum
- 1,960 N/mm2 (EIPS) grade with a minimum breaking strength of 179 kN (40,167 lbf) required for SAE J706 rating.
- The winch is not intended to be used in any manner for the movement or lifting of personnel.
- The rated line pull shown is based on the first layer of rope on the drum.
- The rope winding on the drum shall remain 5 wraps from the drum.
- Each new winch is guaranteed against defects in workmanship and material defects for a period of twelve months from date of purchase.
- Roller fairlead
- Counterbalance valve
- Cable tensioner
Why Shop at 4x4 Down Under?
Excellent & Honest Service
Aussie and Proud!
We're Australians, and we like to support our fellow Australians, which is why all our products are sourced locally from the official Australian distributors. Nothing is imported directly and we don't stock any grey imports. This also means that all manufacturer warranties are fully honored by the brands themselves.
No Sales Gimmicks
- Annoying and dishonest ’Sales Timers’ that simply reset every few hours and are there to coerce you into buying.
- Dishonest “low stock” labels, another coercive sales gimmick.
- False “John just bought a…” alerts. Our customer alerts (bottom left) are 100% true and we're proud of them.
- Being bombarded by trust badges and labels everywhere you look that mean nothing.
- We don't spam! Your information is safe with us. It will never be shared or sold, or used to fill your inbox with garbage.