- Why Shop With Us
5000kg Megapro Hitch and 13T Monkey Fist Soft Shackle by Carbon Offroad
Carbon Megapro Hitch
The Carbon Offroad MegaPro Tow hitch receiver recovery point is a premium multi fit recovery point allowing 5 different mounting orientations to suit all types of 50mm reciever hitches whether they be shallow or deep style.
The recovery point is manufactured from high grade 6061 T6 Aluminium and is carefully CNC machined to a beautiful finish. The recovery point is then anodised in a high grade Type 3 Hard Anodised finish which allows years of trouble free use.
The tow hitch mount recovery point also has a smooth edged radius cut into the shackle mount, allowing safe use with a synthetic rope soft shackle attachment. It is also designed to accept a 4.25T size Steel bow shackle as well. Either attachment method is available and safe with our recovery point.
Horizontal and vertical shackle point mounting options.
One of the great features of the Carbon Offroad tow hitch mounted recovery point is that it is versatile. You can use a soft shackle or steel bow shackle with it and you can also mount it with the mounting eye facing upwards or facing sideways. Some examples of how this can help you in setting up a recovery:
- With the mounting eye facing up the shackle is free to move in the lateral plane, this means that if you are in a situation where the recovering vehicle is not able to get directly in front of the vehicle being recovered, the shackle is able to bend towards the angle of pull without strain or side loading on the hitch eye.
- With the mounting eye facing out sideways, the shackle is free to move in the vertical plane, if the recovery vehicle is up hill or down hill from the vehicle being recovered, this then allows the shackle to line up with the angle of pull whether it be above or below the mounting point position. This means it is able to transfer load safely into the hitch mount.
Check out the images to see the two mounting options with both soft shackles and steel bow shackles.
Carbon Monkey Fist Soft Shackle
New Orange/Black Colour
The Carbon Offroad Monkey Fist Soft Shackle is an absolute winner! The 10mm UHMWPE rope is rated at 13 tonnes minimum breaking strain and with a super heavy duty braided tight sheath over the core, this shackle is built to take some abuse.
Minimum Breaking Strain: 13,209kg
The oversized Monkey Fist knot will ensure that there is Zero chance of the shackle ever coming apart during a recovery.
The braided heavy duty sheath allows you to go straight through a regular recovery point. Make sure it's in good nick though as the shackles can be damaged if the recovery point has nicks and burrs from previous use.
Easy disassembly of the shackle after load is applied is just as easy if not easier than a steel shackle.
You can use rope shackles for a number of uses:
- Connecting your vehicle to a snatch strap or kinetic rope
- Connecting a tree trunk protector strap to the winch hook
- Connecting two straps together to extend your reach.
- It also gives you further options like using it as an attachment point around a chassis rail or crossmember
- Includes storage bag
Note: Below Nata accredited testing by Mechtest in Brisbane Australia. The Carbon Megapro Tow Hitch didn't fail, but the mounting pin failed at almost 20 Tonne.
The hitch had only a slight deformation from the bent pin.
Why Shop at 4x4 Down Under?
Excellent & Honest Service
Aussie and Proud!
We're Australians, and we like to support our fellow Australians, which is why all our products are sourced locally from the official Australian distributors. Nothing is imported directly and we don't stock any grey imports. This also means that all manufacturer warranties are fully honored by the brands themselves.
No Sales Gimmicks
- Annoying and dishonest ’Sales Timers’ that simply reset every few hours and are there to coerce you into buying.
- Dishonest “low stock” labels, another coercive sales gimmick.
- False “John just bought a…” alerts. Our customer alerts (bottom left) are 100% true and we're proud of them.
- Being bombarded by trust badges and labels everywhere you look that mean nothing.
- We don't spam! Your information is safe with us. It will never be shared or sold, or used to fill your inbox with garbage.