- Why Shop With Us
Safari V-Spec Snorkel Designed to suit Isuzu D-MAX (06/2012 - on) "Wide Body" Vehicles Only
Enhance your Isuzu D-MAX (06/2012 - onwards) "Wide Body" ute with the Safari V-Spec Snorkel, specifically designed to maximise performance and protection. Note that this snorkel is not suitable for 4x2 narrow body models but is compatible with the 2017 facelift versions.
The Safari SS175HF GM/Isuzu D-Max/MU-X Snorkel is engineered to supply a substantial volume of cool, clean air to the 3.0L Diesel engines of D-Max/MU-X models from June 2012 onwards. This is essential for maintaining optimum engine performance and longevity.
Recognising the demanding air flow needs of the GM/Isuzu 3.0L Diesel engines, Safari designed this snorkel system to raise the air intake. This elevation is crucial in preventing the ingestion of harmful elements like dust and water into the vehicle's air cleaner, especially during off-road adventures.
But it's not just about air flow. The Safari snorkel air ram plays a dual role. It not only funnels cool, clean air into the engine but also acts as an effective water separator. This feature is particularly vital in removing rain water from the incoming air, ensuring safe engine operation even in heavy tropical storms.
Constructed with durability in mind, the genuine Safari GM/Isuzu D-Max/MU-X 4x4 Snorkel body and air ram are made from UV stable, cross-linked polyethylene material. This material is not only tough but also offers excellent UV resistance, ensuring the snorkel withstands harsh off-road conditions and extreme weather.
Features of the Safari GM/Isuzu D-Max/MU-X 4x4 Snorkel:
- Australian Design: Safari Automotive's Australian-designed, moulded, and manufactured product.
- Raised Air Intake: Prevents engine damage by ingesting harmful elements.
- Enhanced Airflow: Increases airflow to the 3.0L Diesel engine for better performance.
- Water Separating Air Ram: Removes water from the air stream to protect the engine.
- Durability: UV stable and robust snorkel and air ram for added strength.
- Installation Guide: Comes with a comprehensive fitting guide and accurate template for easy installation.
NOTE: DOES NOT SUIT 4x2 NARROW BODY MODELS. SUITS 2017 FACELIFT
- Manufactured in Australia from Safari’s own Industrial Spec UV Stabilised Polyethylene
- They look identical to the current versions of the Safari Snorkel
- They have a Life Time warranty*
- They primarily suit current model vehicles.
- Fits vehicle year to: Present
- Fits vehicle year from: 2012
- Fits vehicle year from month: 06
- Fitment side: Drivers Side
- Model: SS175HF
- Fitting time approx: 3 Hr
- Style: V-SPEC
- Material type: UV Stabilised Polyethylene
|Make||Model||Series||Year From||Year To||Body||Engine||Engine Capacity||Variant||Drivetrain||Cylinders|
Safari Snorkel GM/Isuzu D-Max/MU-X 4x4 Kit - Parts List
GM/Isuzu D-Max/MU-X 4WD Snorkel for 06/2012 onwards 3.0L Diesel Models - Safari Automotive GM/Isuzu D-Max/MU-X 4x4 Snorkel
Part Number: SS175HF
|1||740-133-000||BODY - SNORKEL (SS175HF)||1|
|2||000-135-800||3 ½" AIR RAM ASSEMBLY||1|
|3||740-032-000||BRACKET - UPPER MOUNTING||1|
|4||000-002-100||BOLT - HEX - 6mm x 1.0 x 14mm (SEMS)||2|
|5||000-951-300||SCREW - S/T - 4.2mm x 16mm - S/S||3|
|6||000-960||INSERT - PLASTIC||3|
|7||000-110||STUD - 8mm x 1.25 x 25mm - S/S||6|
|8||000-311-300||WASHER - BODY - 8mm x 30mm - S/S||6|
|9||000-205-300||NUT - NYLOC - 8mm x 1.25mm - S/S||6|
|10||740-024-000||HOSE - AIR ENTRY||1|
|11||740-217-000||TEMPLATE - INNER GUARD||1|
|12||000-909||CLAMP - HOSE - 80/100mm||1|
|13||000-910||CLAMP - HOSE - 90/110mm||1|
|14||000-914/B||CLAMP - HOSE - SIZE 56 (BLACK)||1|
|15||740-017-000||TEMPLATE - GUARD PANEL||1|
Why Shop at 4x4 Down Under?
Excellent & Honest Service
Aussie and Proud!
We're Australians, and we like to support our fellow Australians, which is why all our products are sourced locally from the official Australian distributors. Nothing is imported directly and we don't stock any grey imports. This also means that all manufacturer warranties are fully honored by the brands themselves.
No Sales Gimmicks
- Annoying and dishonest ’Sales Timers’ that simply reset every few hours and are there to coerce you into buying.
- Dishonest “low stock” labels, another coercive sales gimmick.
- False “John just bought a…” alerts. Our customer alerts (bottom left) are 100% true and we're proud of them.
- Being bombarded by trust badges and labels everywhere you look that mean nothing.
- We don't spam! Your information is safe with us. It will never be shared or sold, or used to fill your inbox with garbage.