This Safari 4x4 Snorkel Kit has been Designed to suit the Toyota Prado (04/1996 - 02/2003)
The SS180R Toyota Prado 90 Series 4x4 Snorkel is designed to deliver a huge volume of the coolest and cleanest air possible into the stock air cleaner assembly of 12/1997 - 12/2002 3.0L Diesel 1KZ-TE engines.
With the huge air flow demands of each engine in the Toyota 12/1997 - 12/2002 3.0L Diesel 1KZ-TE Prado 90 Series, Safari took the decision to design a snorkel system that raised the air intake to prevent ingesting harmful elements to the vehicles air cleaner.
Huge air flow is but one aspect of the ultimate in snorkel Toyota Prado 90 Series design. The Safari snorkel air ram is designed to perform two very important roles. The most obvious is to funnel cool clean air into the snorkel body - but just as importantly, the Safari air ram acts as a highly efficient water separator to remove rain water from the incoming air stream - thus ensuring safe engine operation through even the most torrential tropical storms.
The genuine Safari Toyota Prado 90 Series 4x4 Snorkel body and air ram is manufactured to the highest standards in durable, UV stable, cross linked polyethylene material. In addition, the substantial material wall thickness delivers huge physical strength to ensure that the Toyota Prado 90 Series snorkel breezes through the toughest off-road conditions on the planet.
Safari Toyota Prado 90 Series 4x4 Snorkel Features
- Safari Automotive Australian designed, moulded and manufactured
- Raised air intake to prevent your engine from ingesting harmful elements
- Increased airflow for your 12/1997 - 12/2002 3.0L Diesel 1KZ-TE engine
- Water separating air ram design to remove water from the air stream
- Durable and UV stable snorkel and air ram for added strength
- Comprehensive Toyota Prado 90 Series 4WD Snorkel fitting guide with an accurate template for assisting with installation.
The R-Spec range suits Non-Current model vehicles only.
- They are manufactured in Australia from Safari’s own Recreational Spec. UV Stabilised Polyethylene.
- They have a five year warranty.
- They are NOT redesigned. The R-Spec. Safari Snorkel still uses the same moulds and Australian moulding processes for which it is rightly famous.
- Fits vehicle year to: 2003
- Fits vehicle year to month: 02
- Fits vehicle year from: 1996
- Fits vehicle year from month: 04
- Fitting time approx: 2 Hr
- Material type: UV Stabilised Polyethylene
- Style: R-SPEC
- Fitment side: Passengers Side
|Make||Model||Series||Year From||Year To||Body||Engine||Engine Capacity||Variant||Drivetrain||Cylinders|
Safari Snorkel Toyota Prado 90 Series 4x4 Kit - Parts List
Toyota Prado 90 Series 4WD Snorkel for 12/1997 - 12/2002 3.0L Diesel 1KZ-TE Models - Safari Automotive Toyota Prado 90 Series 4x4 Snorkel
Part Number SS180R
|1||390-133-000R||BODY – SNORKEL||1|
|2||000-135-050||3” AIR RAM ASSEMBLY||1|
|3||390-032-000||BRACKET – UPPER MOUNTING||1|
|4||000-110||STUD – S/S 8mm x 1.25mm x 25mm – O.L.||3|
|5||000-349-300||WASHER – BODY – 8mm x 40mm||3|
|6||000-321||WASHER – FLAT – 6mm x 20mm||1|
|7||000-205-300||NUT – NYLOC – 8mm x 1.25mm||3|
|8||000-001||BOLT – HEX – 6mm x 1.0mm x 12mm||1|
|9||000-304||WASHER – STAR – 6mm||1|
|10||000-002-100||BOLT – HEX 6mm x 14mm||3|
|12||000-951||SCREW – SELF TAPPER – 4.2mm x 13mm||4|
|13||000-927||CLAMP – 60/80||2|
|14||000-884-050||CUFFED HOSE – 70mm I.D. x 500mm||1|
|16||390-025-000||SLEEVE – STEEL – 63mm O.D. x 30mm||1|
|17||000-918/B||HOSE CLAMP - SIZE 48 (BLACK)||1|
Bought the snorkel on Saturday, was told it would take 1-3 business days to process, then 2-10 business days to deliver. It turned up on Thursday. Excellent postage especially considering it's free! The template safari snorkels provided was quite reasonable, the only issues being the fitting instructions were not 100% clear, and I had to file down the top two mounting holes to get it to fit. Once on though, it is very solid, and fits the car beautifully. I've noticed since installing snorkel the Prado pulls for a bit longer in the top of the rev range.
A good product by safari, and fantastic customer service by 4x4 Down Under!
Why Shop at 4x4 Down Under?
Excellent & Honest Service
No Sales Gimmicks
- Annoying and dishonest ’Sales Timers’ that simply reset every few hours and are there to coerce you into buying.
- Dishonest “low stock” labels, another coercive sales gimmick.
- False “John just bought a…” alerts. Our customer alerts (bottom left) are 100% true and we're proud of them.
- Being bombarded by trust badges and labels everywhere you look that mean nothing.
- We don't spam! Your information is safe with us. It will never be shared or sold, or used to fill your inbox with garbage.